Nightly collections of my R.E.M dreams. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental.

Friday, April 19, 2013

Mrs.Soffel

Dreamt this a couple of days ago at the end after many hours of sleep. life goes on.

I'm back in school again or in a music class. I kept hearing that theme music from the movie "Mrs. Soffel". Nothing became of the class. Even though I always wanted to learn how to play that piano piece. The main theme from Mrs. Soffel is a hauntingly pretty, passionate bit of piano....music that can sometimes make me feel a bit sad. As this theme was playing throughout my dream I woke up feeling sort of sad but lucid, as if I had been witnessing the lost of every love in my life...which there have been a lot of.

This dream reminded me of my real  guitar music class , where I did poorly academically, basically I when to that class to try to have fun an learn the guitar...which I did a little, but I always wanted to do great thing musically, and thought I could......but I quit practicing. Killed my muse, or neglected it.

I never fully sat through that movie ," Mrs Soffel" staring Diane Keaton and Mel Gibson. But it was about a lady (Soffel) and her husband who runs a prison camp. So feel frees and runs off with one of the prisoners there (Gibson). The theme music is notable to me, I heard it originally on an alternative music station.

The only thing I have done this this dream is to re-acquaint myself with the music , which is by an artist called Mark Isham. The album "film music' features music from "Mrs Soffel", "Never cry wolf", and " The life and times of Harvey Milk" which has a classic great trumpet piece in it.

'Soffel" sounds like "Soulful", at least to me

No comments: