Nightly collections of my R.E.M dreams. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The prequel to "She's not there"!

From a poster here.

"I don't like The Zombies very much, although there's a lot of very good music on that playlist. I was reluctant to close the tab whenever it started playing something good.

This song really reminds me of the other dream I had. In the previous dream of the night, I was lying down halfway up a hill and she was sitting on the hill yelling at me about how I have no life and need to start building relationships. Then, a golf ball fell into a closed public pool area. I tried to retrieve it without getting molested by an old man there, but he started walking toward me. I woke up feeling very motivated and the scolding was the first part I recalled
."

Well this dream space you are welcome to write any comment to my dreams or write your own dream related material.

Here is a dream card for an element of this dream that I recognize.



Regression..Regression is when the forces for going backwards are winning over a forward,progressive movement.

Every choice to move forward evokes the regressive pull. So much life energy goes into what gives us little value back. The past wants us to stay there as much as the present does.But the the future calls us forward to the next stages of life,to a new meaning, a new step in consciousness. We say No to all that would oppose our true choice. By saying No we defeat the No which would defeat us.

Your task is to practice defeating the regressive pull by making commitments and sticking to them."
Dream Cards were by Strephon Kaplan Williams and were printed by Journey Press.

Your image of a old molester in your path.. is sort of like the "Black Bull in the dream card here,In my opinion. Perhaps it symbolizes something or an attitude in your past that wants to prevent you from doing what you are called to be doing.
The dream cards For me are just part of a "gestalt" of the total meaning of the dream...not the entire meaning.

1 comment:

a chair said...

Thanks for the dream card. I thought the hill and the golf ball were forming a similar theme of achievement. I wasn't going down the hill as if I were retrogressing, although I was lying down halfway up it.
I was retrieving the golf ball from a public pool area as if it had been hit way off course. Maybe that symbolizes my side projects, like I'm in the middle of a big game, but I'm putting it on the back burner to do something less urgent.